2022 Bible Bowl
Romans and James
This year’s Bible Bowl will focus on the Gospel of Romans and the book of James. The questions will come from the 16 Chapters of Romans and the 5 chapters of James. The written test will cover this material as well.
BPYC Bible Bowl Rules
1. The King James Version of the Bible will be used to make each question. Answers are expected to be given in KJV wording.
2. Teams should consist of 4 to 6 players; however, churches that do not have 4 players are still eligible to compete.
3. Only 4 players can play at one time, due to the buzzer system.
4. Churches may have more than 1 team, but each team should be a full team. (no churches with 3 on one team and 3 on another. The only exception is if there is not enough to make one full team of 4 to 6 players. Please see rule 2.)
5. Each team must have 1 player give a testimony, praise report, etc., at the end of the 10th question.
6. The final decision about the correctness of an answer is up to the judges, and should not be disputed.
7. Every question is a toss-up and will be read aloud completely twice, before time begins.
8. After the question is read twice, the teams will then have 10 seconds to buzz in and answer.
9. If a team buzzes in before the question is read completely for the first time, the questions cannot be repeated for that team.
10. If an early buzz in results in an incorrect answer, the opposing team will get to hear the question in its entirety twice and then given the chance to answer.
11. If there is a tie at the end of the round, 5 overtime questions will be given.
12. If there is still a tie at the end of 5 overtime questions, the team that scores first in the second round of overtime will be declared the winner.
Written Scripture Test
1. The written test is available to any BPYC camper who is registered as of the first day of camp.
2. The written test could consist of multiple choice, fill in the blank, quoted scripture, and short-answer questions on the books that are also being studied for the current year's BPYC Bible Bowl.
3. Awards will be given to the top-scoring campers.
4. Each camper participating in the Written Scripture Test will earn "Rock" points for their church.
Our prayer is that as each participant in this year’s Bible Bowl tournament prepares for competition, the words from these scriptures will be planted in their hearts.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
If you have a question regarding this year's Bible Bowl information or rules, please email us at BPYCKY@gmail.com
Bible Bowl Team Sign-Up: https://hipaa.jotform.com/221329063720044
Bible Bowl Individual Written Test Sign-Up: https://hipaa.jotform.com/221328298304051